Saturday, November 3, 2012

SPEED OF LIGHT by Amber Kizer

Speed of Light
Amber Kizer

Rating: D
Release Date: 11/13/12
Synopsis:
Fans will be thrilled with the up and coming book in the Meridian trilogy as the romance between Meridian and Tens heats up. And Juliet returns, but her obsessions leave her open to evil exploitation.

Meridian Sozu is a Fenestra, an angel infused human, destined to transition souls into the next world. Together with Tens Valdes, her soulmate and Protector, they've made a home in Indiana, making sure the dead safely enter the light and aren't stolen by the Dark, known as the Nocti.

Upon rescuing Juliet Ambrose from her terrible childhood, Juliet has become vulnerable without her Protector and grasps at any hope to find her parents, even when it's offered by a proven Nocti, Ms. Asura. Juliet is now faced with the horrible choice between uncovering her past and having a future.

Meanwhile, time may be running out for the hundreds of thousands preparing for the festivities surrounding the Indianapolis 500 car race. As centuries of secrets are revealed, the battles will pit Light versus Dark. Not all will survive as Meridian, Tens, and Juliet join forces to try to thwart a potential tragedy.


My thoughts on the book:
This was the SLOWEST MOVING BOOK EVER. And that's kind of sad because even though it was the slowest book in the history of all book-kind, it still was better than book two in this trilogy. The plot wasn't that interesting, and the characters annoyed me. I'm not a big Nascar fan either, so I didn't feel the Indy 500 battle. Overall, I'm just not impressed with this entire series. I kept hoping this last book would redeem the series for me, but the entire trilogy just fell flat. 

Meridian and Tens were kind of obnoxious. Their romance wasn't steamy at all. There was just no chemistry there, in my opinion. Everything was just dragged out and a bit ridiculous. It really didn't seem like they were anything more than friends for most of the book... other than Meridian's obnoxious thoughts, that is. So it was like she had a 5th grade crush on one of her friends for most of the book. I guess that'd be more accurate. Anyway, moving on... Juliet was super annoying, too. She was all emo, whiny, and angsty. Apparently she's the only person in the history of the world to have ever had a bad childhood. And her protector, Fara, was also obnoxious. Her personality just sucked. Yea, wasn't feeling the characters. It seemed like Kizer tried too hard to make each character unique and was so caught up on individual quirks that the characters lacked depth and personality. 

The plot itself was just a drag. Same stuff different book. I have no idea why this book dragged on for over 500 pages. And THEN, somehow the ending actually felt rushed. 90% of the middle part could have been taken out and the ending could have been extended. That would have vastly improved this book. Also, I could have done without Juliet's POV, so that also could have eliminated some pages. The ending was wrapped up nicely, and the series came to a solid conclusion, but this entire book was just BORING. 

Overall, I'd recommend this book only to those who have read the first two and must know what happens in the end. To everyone else, avoid this series. Trust me. 

2 comments:

  1. That's kind of ironic how a book entitled "Speed of Light" was very slow. That's about what I thought about "Pushing the Limits" as in not many limits were pushed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read this series and I probably won't be picking it up anytime soon. I hate when a book is really long and yet you feel like nothing happened.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!