Tuesday, February 12, 2013

WICKED KISS by Michelle Rowen

Wicked Kiss
Michelle Rowen

Rating: A+
Release Date: 02/26/13
Synopsis:
MY KISS CAN KILL. 

I used to be ordinary Samantha Day, but that's changed. Now, after one dark kiss from a dangerous boy, I can steal someone's soul...or their life. If I give in to the constant hunger inside me, I hurt anyone I kiss. If I don't...I hurt myself. 

Bishop is the one whose kiss I crave most, but if I kiss him, I'll kill him. Then there's another boy, one I can't hurt. One whose kiss seems to miraculously quell my hunger. They're both part of a team of angels and demons that's joined forces in my city to fight a mysterious rising darkness, an evil that threatens everyone I know and love. I just wonder if I'll be able to help Bishop-or if I'm just another part of the darkness he's sworn to destroy.... 

NIGHTWATCHERS 

When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...


My thoughts on the book:
This book was amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed reading what seemed to be the end of this series, even though I feel that the ending of the series is a bit premature. The character growth was substantial, the plot was intriguing and interesting, the pacing was perfect, and the ending was somewhat happy. This is an excellent book that cannot be missed. 

Samantha grows a lot as a character in this novel, and she turns into a very selfless and brave person. I really enjoyed watching her transformation, and she impressed me multiple times with her willingness to sacrifice herself and her own happiness in order to keep those she loved safe. Also, her capacity for forgiveness is inspiring. Bishop and Kraven also evolve, and we finally learn the truth about them. I felt bad for both guys and what they had been through in the past... It even hurt me more that neither of them knew the truth - Bishop blocked it out and Kraven only remembered what appeared to be true. I'm glad they finally know what really happened. 

The plot is captivating. I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire time, and I couldn't put this book down. Rowen kept me guessing, and there were tons of surprises. The romance between Samantha and Bishop is believable and sweet, and I found myself rooting for them even though I enjoyed Kraven as a character more than I did Bishop. Also, the ending is fairly happy, which left me feeling happy after finishing the novel. 

Overall, I'd recommend this series to anyone who loves a good paranormal romance. My only complaint is that it seems to be the end of the series. Rowen is a fantastic author, and Nightwatchers is a great series. I look forward to reading whatever Rowen writes next.

Order Wicked Kiss!



1 comment:

  1. You had me at nonstop suspense :) I can't wait to start this series and I love a book that wont let me put it down

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!