Friday, November 14, 2014

OTHERWORLD NIGHTS by Kelley Armstrong

Rating: B+
Synopsis:
This short story collection will include many brand-new tales and others only previously available on Kelley Armstrong's website. Most of the stories will feature the werewolves of the Otherworld, Elena and Clay, Jeremy, Karl and other members of the American Pack. These are some of Kelley Armstrong's best-loved and most enduring characters, from bestselling books such as Bitten, Stolen and Frostbitten.

1) Demonology - Adam's mother discovers what he is
2) Stalked - Clay/Elena honeymoon story from "My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon"
3) Hidden - SubPress 2012 Elena/Clay novella
4) Twilight - a Cass story from "Many Bloody Returns"
5) Chivalrous - Reese's backstory from SubPress's long sold-out "Tales of Dark Fantasy 2" (the Dec'14 SubPress graphic novella picks up this storyline)
6) Lucifer's Daughter - Hope/Karl story from "Blood Lite II: Overbite"
7) From Russia with Love - Elena bonus story included with hardcover of "Thirteen"

8) Vanishing Act - brand-new Savannah/Adam novella set after "Thirteen"

My thoughts on the book:
I'm normally not a huge fan of short stories, but I always love everything Kelley Armstrong writes. This collection was no exception. I didn't absolutely love "Twilight," "Lucifer's Daughter," and "Chivalrous" wasn't my favorite, but I adored "Stalked," "Demonology," "Hidden," "From Russia with Love," and "Vanishing Act." Elena and Clay are my favorite fictional couple ever, so I'm glad that this book had 3 stories about them. Getting to know Adam's mom a bit and seeing her reaction when she learned about his abilities was interesting. Adam is one of my favorite characters, so I always like anything to do with him. I never really cared for Cass, which is probably why I didn't like "Twilight" that much. I also never really liked Hope and Karl, so "Lucifer's Daughter" was lukewarm for me. I liked Reese okay, but I wasn't invested enough in his character to really care about "Chivalrous" one way or the other.

Overall, I'd recommend this anthology if you're a huge Kelley Armstrong fan like me. It's a great book to add to your collection.

Buy Otherworld Nights

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!