Friday, May 22, 2015

DESCENT by Tara Fuller

Rating: A
Release Date: 6/3/15
Synopsis:
Easton doesn’t believe in love. He believes in Death. Darkness. Sin. As a reaper for Hell, it’s all he’s known for over four hundred years. When he gets slapped with the job of training the boss’s daughter, an angel who knows nothing but joy, he knows he’s in for a world of trouble.

Though he’s made it clear he wants nothing to do with her outside of work, Gwen would do anything to get closer to the dark and wounded reaper—even taint her angelic image and join the ranks of her father’s team of reapers. But in all her planning, she forgot to factor in one thing—how far the demons Easton doomed to hell would go to get revenge.

When the dangers of the Hell threaten Gwen, Easton will do whatever it takes to save her. But as the darkness closes in on them both, will he be able to save himself?


My thoughts on the book:
Descent is by far the best book in this trilogy. I absolutely loved getting to know Easton and Gwen. They developed organically throughout the story. The plot was full of suspense, and the pacing was spot on. Fuller's descriptions and world building were fantastic, and her writing was top notch. I'd recommend this book to just about anyone. 

Gwen was a really cute character, and I enjoyed reading from her perspective. There was much more to her than one would expect. Easton was also incredibly complex, and I was glad we finally got to know him better. He was such a tortured guy, but still good, somehow. Scout wasn't my favorite secondary character, but he was okay. The rest of the characters weren't incredibly developed, but they didn't really need to be. They each had their own personality, we just didn't get to hear much about them. 

The plot was fast paced and full of adventure. I was on the edge of my seat most of this novel, and Fuller did an excellent job of painting the horrors of hell. Her descriptions made it to where I could clearly picture how horrifying that place was. Also, her world building was top notch. Everything made sense, and I was easily able to achieve willing suspension of disbelief. The ending tied things up nicely and was a fantastic conclusion to this trilogy.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anyone who enjoys angel and demon stories. It's a little bit different, and you can read it as a stand alone or as part of the trilogy.

Pre-order Descent by Tara Fuller

1 comment:

  1. The cover is just love!! Also I love angel books so thanks for the recommendatio!! <3
    Haniya |http://booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!