Thursday, April 7, 2016

Romantic Times 2016: Las Vegas April 12-16 and Aimee Salter Interview

I have to admit that I am super jealous that I can't attend the Romantic Times convention in Las Vegas this year. If you guys haven't heard, they are having a GIANT BOOK FAIR and a Teen Day!! I can't even begin to tell you guys how amazing this is going to be. If you get the chance to go, then you definitely should.

Giant Book Fair
This has got to be the coolest thing I've ever heard of. From the site, "On Saturday, April 16 meet more than 625 authors who will be signing at the Giant Book Fair. The Book Fair will be set up like a GIANT bookstore where all the authors' latest books will be available for purchase." They have some amazing authors lined up, too, including:


Jennifer L Armentrout   Kami Garcia    Julie Kagawa
Keri Arthur   Heather   Graham    CJ Rediwne
Brodi Ashton   Kelly Fiore    Mary Lindsey
Victoria Aveyard   Cynthia Hand    Katie McGarry
Alexandra Bracken   Wendy Higgins    Gretchen       McNeil
Rae Carson   Amanda Hocking    Richelle Mead
Cinda Williams Chima   Ellen Hopkins    Jodi Meadows
Susane Colasanti   Colleen Houck    Lauren Oliver
Kresley Cole   C.C. Hunter    Mary E. Pearson
Kimberly Derting   Larissa Ione    Veronica Rossi
Lyndsay Sands   Nalini Singh    Sophie Jordan

You can find out more about the book fair here (general info) and here (show floor layout).

In addition to the most amazing book fair of all time, Romantic Times is also having Teen Day for all of the fans of YA lit! 



There are going to be some amazing YA signers at Teen Day, including Amy Plum, Rosamund Hodge, and Morgan Rhodes (aka Michelle Rowan). You will not want to miss this line-up. For more information and the full program for Teen Day which includes some awesome workshops, click here

Be sure to like the Teen Day's Facebook page for all of the up to date info!

I was also lucky enough to get an interview with one of the amazing authors who will be at this convention, Aimee Salter. Please see the questions and answers below!

Q: What are you looking forward to at Romantic Times? 
Aimee: I'm a panelist for the Never Too Old for YA panel on Thursday morning. I've got cool swag bags for the readers who join my table, and the entire event will be a game. It's going to be a blast. I can't wait. Add it to your agenda: https://rtconvention.com/event/youre-never-too-old

Q: Which author that you haven’t met are you looking forward to meeting next at Romantic Times?
A:On a personal level I'm super-excited to meet Cora Carmack. We worked together before her books hit the big time, so I've wanted to hug her for a long time!

Q: What’s your favorite romance story? 
A: It's a tie between Katja Millay's The Sea of Tranquility, and Huntley Fitzpatrick's My Life Next Door.re-read both of these at least once a year. I just adore them. And they both get better every time.

Q: I LOVE My Life Next Door! Romantic Times is in Las Vegas this year - tell us which one of your characters and from which book would win big in Vegas? What advice would you give that character? 
A: The main character, Tully, from Dark Touch, is very ballsy. If she had the resources to hit Vegas, she'd definitely make the most of it. And because she deserves to cut loose, I'd tell her to go for it, but just make sure to always leave enough money left over to, you know, eat.

Q: What is up next for you?
A: I'm working on two projects right now--another YA romance set in the near future with a swoon-worthy celebrity hero, and my first adult romance, an edgy inspirational story I can't wait to share with the world.

How excited do Aimee's new projects sound? If you haven't checked out her books, you have to give them a try. Head on over to her GoodReads page to add them to your TBR list!

As you can see, this Convention is going to be epic, and I am so disappointed that I can't go. However, I want all of you to go and have a great time and post pics and tell us all about it. What are you waiting for?! Register now! Time's running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!