Thursday, May 19, 2016

WARRIOR WITCH by Danielle L. Jensen

Rating: D
Synopsis:
The thrilling conclusion to the breakout Malediction Trilogy by Goodreads Choice finalist Danielle L. Jensen.

Cécile and Tristan have accomplished the impossible, but their greatest challenge remains: defeating the evil they have unleashed upon the world.

As they scramble for a way to protect the people of the Isle and liberate the trolls from their tyrant king, Cécile and Tristan must battle those who’d see them dead. To win, they will risk everything. And everyone.

But it might not be enough. Both Cécile and Tristan have debts, and they will be forced to pay them at a cost far greater than they had ever imagined.
 


My thoughts on the book:
I was really looking forward to the third book in this trilogy. I absolutely loved the first two novels and had high hopes for this conclusion. However, I was left disappointed. The book seemed to drag on forever. The writing wasn't nearly as well done as the first two books; the characters seemed to somehow devolve instead of evolve, and the really depressing ending felt like a cop out. I wasn't blown away by this one, and reading it left me in a crappy mood. I hate when books do that. 

Cécile and Tristan both annoyed the crap out of me in this book. They just made one stupid mistake after another. The entire novel was more or less a stupid parade, thanks to them. They didn't grow at all, and I felt like they became mentally and emotionally weaker instead of stronger. The way things ended was completely out of character, too. Marc also devolved, which was sad to see, and none of the relationships in this installment felt like they mattered. They just seemed to exist to forward the plot. There was no feeling there at all. I didn't like that.

The plot was action-packed, but I was so disconnected from the characters that I'd once loved that I didn't really care what happened. It was just one stupid mess after another anyway, and it got old fast. It took me forever to finish this book because I kept getting sidetracked by other things that were more interesting. I've never seen a book with so much action be so freaking dull. There was just no heart in it. And the ending was gut wrenching and then instead of standing by the gut wrenching, the author had to go and cop out at the last minute. So the only real emotional piece in the book wasn't complete. 

Overall, I'd say skip this series unless you're running low on reading material. The first two books are good, but the letdown of the third book just isn't worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, and I also try to always return the favor! Thanks for stopping by!